documents enter the United States

What documents are required to enter the United States?

Are you planning to travel to the United States? It is important that you keep in mind all the documents enter the United States, in order not to be caught unprepared.

If your flight is to the United States, even if only for one stopover, you will need to have an ESTA authorization.

What is it about? Esta (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is the US Government’s electronic system for visa-free travel authorization.

You can apply for an ESTA if you plan to stay in the United States for no more than 90 days. Otherwise, you should go through the procedure to apply for a visa.

To apply for an ESTA, you just need to fill in an online form and you must be in possession of a valid electronic passport. The duration of the Esta authorisation is two years or until the expiry date of the passport. You can also use it for other trips as long as it does not exceed 180 days in total.

The Esta is verified both during check-in at the airport and at customs upon arrival in the United States. There is no need to print out the Esta authorization as the procedure for obtaining it takes place completely online. Border control officers already have access to your authorization

At the time of the check, immigration agents usually request:

  • A passport with a visa or ESTA authorization;
  • Travel information such as time and place of stay
  • To take an identification photo of the traveller;
  • Release of the fingerprints on a special scanner

The check takes a few minutes. Some airports use automated kiosks to check travellers at the entrance.

If you have any doubts or requests regarding filling in the Esta form, please contact our customer support. We are here to help you obtain your Esta authorization to travel to the United States. Through our operations and support, we guarantee that 99% of the requests submitted are successful.