passport for get Esta

With which passport can you get an ESTA?

Among the documents necessary to obtain the ESTA, the passport plays a leading role.

The type of passport required to obtain the Esta authorization is the electronic one. In addition, this passport must be issued by one of the Visa Waiver Program member countries. It is important to keep in mind that from the moment of entry into the United States ,. the passport must still be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.

What is an electronic passport and why it is required to get an Esta

Today the term “electronic” is generally omitted when it comes to passport, because it has entered common use. A passport is electronic when there is a microchip on the cover containing the person’s sensitive data, including contact details, image and fingerprint, as well as the digitized signature. The chip can be scanned to match the traveller’s identity with the passport.

The United States requires the chip to contain a digital photograph of the holder. All electronic passports issued by countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program have security systems that prevent the reading or the so-called “skimmer” (illegal withdrawal) of the data stored on the passport chip.

If you are planning a trip with your family, you need to know that every traveller, including babies and children, must have their own passport

The passport number is strictly linked to the ESTA authorization request so, if you fill out the Esta form for your travel companion, you will have to make a new request and enter their passport number.

If you have any doubts or requests about completing the Esta form, do not hesitate to contact us. We are ready to answer you